Friday, 16 August 2013

Thank You Everyone!

I want to thank every one who has so far downloaded Luvya Getcha on Amazon.com.  You have made my life, believe me. Yes, it's a free e-book, I know, but any success is good when some writers don't even have their free books downloaded.  Also, I've been plugging away at it for 30 years, so when self-publication came along, I decided to give it a go and I've been thrilled with the experience.  And Indies get a lot of criticism.  Much of it is warranted, too, I suppose, when you take bad formatting, cheap-looking covers, enough typos to make your eyes blurry, and unrealistic pricing.  But hand on heart, I really do try hard in every area, and although none of my e-books are perfect, I understand a reader's frustration and will continue to do all I can to make the experience as good as possible.
     However, I think most readers are genuinely sympathetic, and will forgive many things, as long as they know the author has made every effort.  I know that's how I am as a reader.  And many traditionally published novels are not perfect, are they? Many a time I've paid a heap of hard-earned cash for a book that has left me disappointed...enough to make me toss it in the bin, truth to tell!

But I won't dwell on that.  I just want to say thank you, it is much appreciated.  And I have a cold ( man-flu, apparently ).  Be nice.

Kind regards, Martin.

PS.  I am on Twitter now @MartinwPrice.  I will follow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment